How I succeeded:

I feel that I took up a management role in my group during this project. Though my group was going through a rough start,  and I was struggling to painting my cool, I emphasised the importance of effective communication in my group and then we were definitely working a lot better together. During this project, I not only successfully guided my group through the project, but we/I also had a lot of success with the actual building/filming. For example, though the vortex took really long to make, it worked well and was pretty sturdy(and when it broke we were able to fix it). I think i did a really good job of bringing the best of my brainpower/ideas to the group, as well as being to problem solve easily. For example, during the brainstorming phase, I came up with as many ideas as I could, and tried to come up with ways to link them together. Another example is when we were working on the final showcase and I suggested that we should use a zipline instead of a pulley system and made it a reality. As for problem solving, we encountered a lot of obstacles as a group, but I was able to solve many by thinking logically, testing things out, and eliminating the problem area. For example, in the process of building the vortex, I had to figure out where we should place the tubes based on where the ball would come out. Whenever things wouldn’t line up due to the size of our frame, I found a way to make it flow. 

How I failed:

I honestly wouldn’t say we entirely failed this project, we just ran out of time. Also since this was very challenging, we had to experiment and fail before we could try again, and succeed with newly acquired knowledge. I feel like I personally failed at was not effectively communicating with my group at first, which delayed our building process because we were never on the same page. Another thing I failed at was also not making enough of my amazing ideas a reality, and this is something I regret. We had so many ideas of contraptions of what we wanted to make, but instead we let some things limit us. Also I feel like I failed by not finishing things for our class sequence in time. 

What would I do differently:

Something I think I should’ve done from the beginning is to have created a organised plan for the sequence, instead of improvising like we did. This would help keep us on track, and we wouldn’t  have encountered so many problems when we were filming. Also, I would have taken a different approach towards working with my teammates because I think we all got a little too frustrated and that got in the way of our project. Lastly, even though our sequence was pretty good, I would like to have made it more artistic and creative(which means instead of just making easier contraptions, I would like to experiment more and create something that is not only beautiful but also quite complex).