Welcome to our STEAM blog!
To get started, simply log in to check out all the other options available to you. For your first individual blog post, you’ll be doing a self-reflection on your work in designing your sequence/prototypes for our OKGo Project. Here are the questions you’ll need to think about when writing your post. Do not copy the questions, but rather let your reflection be more organic by turning the questions into sentence frames:
- What process have you gone through to produce the work you’ve done so far? (Sentence frame sample: The process I’ve gone through to design the prototype/come up with ideas…)
- What resources have you used while working on your clues and final design? Which ones were especially helpful? Which ones are you thinking you’ll be using a lot? (Sentence frame samples: I’ve used many resources while working on our design… Ones that I have found the most helpful have been… I’m thinking that I will continue to use…)
- How do you feel about the work you’ve done so far? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why?
- What do you enjoy about designing a sequence/prototype to music? What have you found the most frustrating? What has helped you in overcoming the frustrations?
- What have you learned about yourself as a collaborator?
- What have you learned about yourself as a designer?
- What do these things tell you about yourself as a learner?
- In what ways doest the way you work differ from that of your classmates’ style? In what ways do you work differently? In what ways is your work process similar?
- One thing I would like to get better at as we continue the process this semester is…
- One goal that I would like to set myself for the rest of the semester is… How can you make sure you achieve it?
- What support/help do you need to meet your goal?
Remember: Be as detailed as possible, use visuals/media to help show your process and reflection. Photos, images, videos, timelapses, Boomerangs (check your device PhotoStream); Flipgrid responses, etc; that you’ve gathered throughout the semester would be perfect. If you’d like to record your self-reflection as opposed to writing it and post the video, go for it! The due date for the reflection is Tuesday March 6.
Now pop in those headphones and get to work!