Grade 2 ESLR Descriptors
I am an Independent Learner
- I am responsible for my materials and space.
- I keep my hands, feet, and objects to myself.
- I do work by myself (independently).
- I ask 3 before asking the teacher for help.
- I make healthy choices.
I am a Complex Thinker
- I try to solve problems on my own.
- I make connections to build my knowledge.
- I explain and show what I learn.
- I try things even when they are difficult and practice until I get it.
- I think about my learning to find my strengths and things I can improve.
I am a Communicator
- I listen when others are talking.
- I wait my turn to speak.
- I share my ideas with my class, group, and partner.
- I use an appropriate voice to explain my thoughts and ideas.
- I ask questions to clarify, when I don’t understand, or to learn more.
I am a Collaborator
- I work cooperatively with my classmates.
- I participate in my group by sharing my ideas and helping to make decisions.
- I encourage members of my group.
- I help keep the group focused and on task.
I am a Global Citizen
- I treat others the way I want to be treated.
- I show respect to myself and others.
- I care about the people in my community.
- I am responsible for my environment.
Click here for more details on the mission, philosophy, and purpose at SIS.