Dear Bayside Students and Parents,
Tomorrow (Friday, December 14) we will take an all-school photo as part of the SIS 30th anniversary celebrations. All students and staff (and interested parents) will gather on the field at Jingshan for the photo at 9:00 am. Parents are very welcome to join us for the photo! We want everyone to wear either RED, BLACK, or WHITE. The grey, red, or black SIS hoodies, PE shirts, or SIS clothing are perfect. If you do not have SIS clothes to wear, any red, black or white shirt or jacket will work. The plan for Bayside students is:
- 8:15 – all students go to Advisory rooms at Bayside. Advisors will take attendance.
- 8:20 – all advisory groups meet on 1st floor (MS in amphitheatre, HS in cafeteria area) and wait for instructions to board the buses to take all Bayside students and staff to Jingshan
- 8:45 – arrive at Jingshan field. Wait for directions.
- 9:00 – pictures taken
- 9:30 (approximately) – Bayside students and advisors get on the buses with their advisory group. Attendance will be taken on the buses.
- 9:40 – buses depart for Bayside
- 10:00 – Block B classes
- 11:00 – Bayside Holiday Social on 1st floor (all Bayside students and staff)
- 11:30 – Students are dismissed!
I wish you and your families a relaxing holiday and all the best in 2019!
Enjoy the holiday and travel safely,
Mike Livingston – SIS Secondary Principal
Monday, January 7: Classes Resume at SIS – This will be a Day 2.
Tuesday, January 22: End of Semester 1 – This the the 90th day in our 180 school-day calendar and the final day of work that can be assessed for the 1st Semester report card. Most of our classes are year-long courses (or 2 years in the IB). However, we do have a few semester courses in grades 6-10 that will switch on January 23.
Wednesday, January 23: Bayside Student Photo Day – Individual and class photos will be taken by a professional photographer. These are the pictures we use of the yearbook. They are also available for purchase. More information in the new year.
Saturday, January 26: Discover China Day – A community celebration of our Chinese culture on the Jingshan field.
Monday, January 28: Report Cards distributed – 1st Semester report cards will be distributed on this day.
Wednesday, January 30: Student Recognition Assemblies – Students are recognized for academic and other achievements from the 1st semester. Parents are welcome to attend these assembly in the Amphitheater. MS at 1:15 pm. HS at 2:35 pm.
February 1-10: Chinese New Year Holiday – Students are on holiday this week. No classes at SIS.
Monday, February 11: Classes resume – This will be a Day 5.