- Students will understand the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behavior.
- Students will understand that parts of a book have different names and purposes.
- Students will understand basic concepts of print.
- What kind of person do you want to be?
- How does a good person act?
- What behaviors are expected of me in school?
- How can I learn more about a story by looking at different parts of the book?
- Students will know the difference between an author and an illustrator.
- Students will know what a rule is.
- Students will know the various parts of a book.
- Students will know what constitutes good behavior in the classroom/school.
- Students will name and identify the parts of a book.
- Students will be able to retell books we’ve read as a class.
- Students will be able to make predictions with assistance.
- Students will be able to explain why we follow rules.
Books we will read:
- The Meanies
- The Meanies Trick
- Little Meanie’s Lunch
- The Meanie’s Party