In case you missed the recent parent workshop, titled “Parenting in the Digital Age,” here are a few main points from our discussion:
- Living in the digital age presents unique challenges and opportunities for student growth.
- Educators use many digital tools to help students connect, create, and innovate.
- Children need parents to set boundaries on their device use. These boundaries include limited time, specific purpose, and controlled access to device use and content.
- Children’s devices should be used in public areas, not in their bedroom.
- There are many resources available to filter content and monitor device use.
We hope to see you at the next parent workshop!