The school year has started with a full week already just finished – hard to believe!
What have I seen…so many ESLR’s already developing!
* I have seen many happy children fully engaged in the activities they or the teacher chose.
* I have seen many children independently taking responsibility for their learning, eating and belongings.
* I have seen children collaborating with each other, sharing toys, deciding on play scenes together
* I have seen global citizens who regardless of culture or language ability are playing happily with each other.
* I have seen communicators sharing their ideas, asking questions and using their expressions to show their feelings
* I have seen complex thinkers who try to understand how the light shines through a glass bead or how to climb down from the playground.
and of course I have seen a few tears from some children AND some parents – which I have to reassure you is NORMAL!!!
This is a transition time for all – children, teachers AND parents so of course there is a lot of emotion involved. This diagram may help you to understand the transition you and your child are going through as they adjust to their new class life.
As the continuing days come along just remember to allow this transition to work it’s way naturally so that you and your child can settle into school life at SIS.
Please click on these links to learn more about transition to school and separation anxiety..