Shekou International School provides a rigorous education in a caring community and inspires our students to become principled, innovative contributors in a transforming world.
We believe that…
- A foundation in knowledge and skills is essential for continual learning, personal development and sound decision-making.
- Integrity, humility, and respect are fundamental to successful relationships.
- Learning to set goals and priorities is essential to the development of perseverance, critical thinking and confidence in students as well as staff.
- Successful learning is fostered by an active, supportive partnership and consistent expectations within the child’s school and home learning environments.
- Active involvement in service learning and recognition of cultural diversity is critical in developing responsible, compassionate youth who can adjust to life in an ever-changing world.
- Technology is a conduit through which students learn, create, collaborate and share.
ESLR (Expected Student Learning Results)
SIS Learners are nurtured to become:
- Listen, read, write, and speak effectively
- Express needs, knowledge, desires, and opinions appropriately
- Initiate reflective and meaningful conversations
Independent Learners who…
- Exhibit confidence, initiative, and personal management
- Apply appropriate strategies for producing and retaining information
- Develop habits that maintain responsibility along with mental and physical health
- Foster positive relationships in diverse settings
- Establish and accomplish goals within groups
- Ask questions for clarification and understanding
Complex Thinkers who…
- Evaluate the significance of diverse concepts
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information
- Engage in a reflective process for continual improvement
Global Citizens who…
- Contribute to their immediate and extended communities
- Promote an ethos of care and empathy
- Model compassion for fellow human beings