Taking an idea from the Edublogs Student Blogging Challenge, I’ve created a Flipboard magazine (Blogging @ Parkside) to showcase your quality posts!
I’ve already (and will continue to) add any posts by SIS students or classrooms featured in the March 2014 Student Challenge Flipboard magazine (managed by Miss W) into the Blogging @ Parkside magazine.
If you have a post you’d like me to consider featuring in our Blogging @ Parkside magazine, email me with the link to the POST (not just to your blog!). You can submit any post you’ve done (or do) this year (doesn’t have to be related to Edublogs Challenge).
What is a Quality Post?
Here’s what I’ll be looking for….
- Is it relevant and engaging, both written content and appearance?
- Is it well-written regarding ideas, organization and word choice?
- Is it written in your own words?
- Have you given credit to content (text) and media (images, audio, video) that are not your own? (You should really give credit to yourself for your own images)
- Has it been proofread to make sure it has correct spelling, punctuation and grammar use?
- Has it been assigned an appropriate category and/or tag(s)?
I am the editor of this Flipboard magazine so, ultimately, it is my decision about what goes into the magazine….if you submit a post that needs to be reworked, I’ll let you know and give you some feedback. Then it will be up to you if you want to re-submit it.
I’m looking forward to making a collection to represent your hard work. My goal is to get at least one post from each grade 4 & 5 student into the magazine before the end of the year!