Quality Writing (6 Traits)
- Word Choice
- Sentence Fluency
- Attention Grabbing Title
- Short Paragraphs
- Colored Text
- Images and Media
- Write posts semi-regularly such as every week or two.
- Write about something that you are interested in but also something that will interest others.
- Reply to all/most of your commenters.
- Don’t overdo glitter text and keep fonts consistent and easy to read.
- If you want to use images, use creative commons images, screenshots or your own photos/artwork.
- Make posts easy to read.
- Experiment with web 2.0 tools to make your posts interactive and engaging.
- End posts with questions to provide readers with commenting prompts.
- Proofread and check your facts before publishing.
Sample Student Blogs
Resources for Creating Posts (web)
Resources for Creating Posts (iPad app)
How to write a new post
How to format your post using the format bar
How to add a link
How to create a numbered list
How to create an unordered list (bullet points)
How to add a photo from your library to a post
How to take and add a photo to a post
How to add a video from your library to a post
How to record and add a video to a post
How to save a post draft
How to edit a post