In October, I did a post on adding an image (badge) widget to an Edublogs blog. The directions were specifically for creating an image widget for SIS ES Library. Here are the general directions for adding an image widget.
NOTE: THIS TASK SHOULD BE DONE ON A LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER.
IT WILL NOT WORK ON AN iPAD.
The Image widget plugin makes it easy to add images and badges to your sidebar.
Once you’ve activated the image widget plugin in Plugins an image widget is added toAppearance > Widgets.
To add an image:
1. Go to Appearance > Widget in your Dashboard.
2. Click on the desired Sidebar to expand (so you can add the widgets)
3. Drag the Image widget from the Available Widgets into the desired Sidebar.
4. Click on Add Image.
5. Click on Select File, locate the image and then click Open to upload the image.
6. Click Insert into Widget.
7. Add your Title (1)
8. Add the text you want to appear below the image into the Caption field (2).
- Supports the use of HTML code so you can use this to link to websites and format the text.
9. Add a website URL to Link field (3) if you want to link the image to a specific website.
10. Select Open New Window (4) if you want the link to open in new browser tab.
11. Select your preferred alignment from the drop down menu next to Align (5).
12. Click Save.
13. You should now see your image widget in your sidebar!