Central Idea: Organisms adapt to their environment in order to survive.
Lines of Inquiry:
- How organisms survive
- Life cycles and traits
- Environmental change
- Causation – Why is it like it is?
- Change – How is it changing?
- Responsibility – What is our responsibility?
- 1. What is the relationship between living organisms and their environment? (causation)
- What are ways animals use their surroundings to survive?
- How do living organisms adapt and change? (change)
- What are similarities and differences of life cycles?
- What are similarities and differences of traits?
- How are traits changing? Why do they change?
- How do environmental changes affect living organisms? (responsibility)
- What types of changes are occurring?
- What is our responsibility?
- What action can we take?
- How do humans interact with the environment?