We will watch some videos on brainpop this week. You can watch them at https://jr.brainpop.com/
For math, we are currently on Module 4 and topic D. We will post the assessment on Seesaw and begin Module 5 during the second week of online learning.
Your child will need to access Seesaw Class from home. Each teacher will send out their QR code if you need it.
Central Idea: Organisms adapt to their environment in order to survive.
Lines of Inquiry:
- How organisms survive
- Life cycles and traits
- Environmental change
- Causation – Why is it like it is?
- Change – How is it changing?
- Responsibility – What is our responsibility?
- 1. What is the relationship between living organisms and their environment? (causation)
- What are ways animals use their surroundings to survive?
- How do living organisms adapt and change? (change)
- What are similarities and differences of life cycles?
- What are similarities and differences of traits?
- How are traits changing? Why do they change?
- How do environmental changes affect living organisms? (responsibility)
- What types of changes are occurring?
- What is our responsibility?
- What action can we take?
- How do humans interact with the environment?
Grade 3 will have three way conferences coming on January 22nd (this is not a school day for students). Please have your child attend the conference with you. This is a time for students to share their growth and goals with you and the teacher will be there to support the conversation. Your teacher will send out a sign up link this week on Wednesday.
Friday, September 13th- No School (Mid Autumn Festival)
Monday, September 16th- No School for Students (Teacher Professional Learning Day)
Wednesday, September 18th- No School for Students (Parent Teacher Conference Day)
Your child’s teacher will email a signup genius today with time slots for our upcoming parent teacher conferences. Each time slot is 20 minutes so please be mindful of the your arrival time. Conferences will be held Wednesday, September 18th. This is not a school day for students.
Grade 3 Teachers
MAP (measure of academic performance) testing will begin this week. Please support your child with a good night sleep and a healthy breakfast. There will be make up dates available if your child is sick or absent on one of the test dates.