Welcome back! We hope that you and your children had a relaxing winter holiday! The students are furiously preparing for the soft launch of their restaurants this Wednesday, January 15th! They are busy shopping for ingredients, setting menu prices, practicing their serving skills, and figuring out the logistics for the big day! Our big launch on L5 will take place on Monday, January 20th. We hope that you come to support us on both days!
We have a series of important dates to communicate to you as well:
- Wednesday, January 15th – “Soft launch” of the G4 restaurants: Students will be paid their 25rmb salaries, and get to dine at one of the other restaurants. This salary amount will be enough to buy at least one item off any of the menus. Students are also welcome to bring up to 50rmb of their own pocket money from home – this is optional.
- Thursday, January 16th – Parent speakers coming to talk about entrepreneurship
- Friday, January 17th – Report cards will be published on Schoolbase. Please download your child’s report card and read it before conferences.
- Monday, January 20th and Tuesday, January 21st – Official opening of the G4 restaurants: We will have our “grand” opening for families (parents, siblings, grandparents, etc) and other special guests. More details will be shared next week, but please be sure to mark your calendar.
- Wednesday, January 22nd – Three Way Conferences: Grade 4 students are expected to attend their conference with their parents and reflect upon their learning so far this year.
- Thursday, January 23rd – Chinese assembly and Lion Dance
- Friday, January 24th – No School
- Monday, February 3rd – School Resumes!