With the rush of the first few weeks of school slowly starting to settle into routines, we all may finally have a bit more space to take care of ourselves and not just those around us! Part of taking care of yourself is allowing yourself to participate in professional learning. Not all types of professional learning are for everybody, but our hope that if we share upcoming events with you, you’ll see something that sparks your interest! Please let us know if we’ve missed something and you think it should be included here!
- Tuesday, September 10 @ 8pm #ISSedu Twitter Chat: Try a chat on Twitter hosted by our very own ISS. Find more information here.
- Tuesday, September 17 @ 6pm @ The Boathouse: #PubPDAsia Twitter Chat: If you haven’t participated in a PubPDAsia event yet, now is the time. It’s learning from our colleagues in the region using Twitter to connect us. Come join us at the Boathouse even if you only want to lurk and not participate too much. Alternatively, join in from the comfort of home!
- Thursday, September 19 @ 5:30pm @ Avenues -The World School – 21CL TeachMeet: 21CL will host the first
TeachMeet of the year at Avenues Sunmax. This is a great opportunity to share and learn from our colleagues at other schools. You can sign up to to simply listen/learn information or you can sign up to share for 2 or 5 minutes. Either way – join us! It’s fun to see other spaces, too! Make sure you sign up ahead of time so we know how much food/beverage to order!
- September 21@ Level 5 – Microsoft Teacher and Apple Teacher Certification Sessions: Back by popular demand! Come join the Learning Innovation Team at Level 5 to get your Microsoft Teacher OR Apple Teacher Certification. We’ll have the coffee, snacks, guidance and you’ll bring your motivation to work with like-minded people who also want to get ‘er done! Register HERE for this free event!
- October 17-19 @ Nanjing International School Learning2Asia: Learning 2 Asia is back this year! Learning 2.0 has always been great conference with tons of practical applications.
- October 18 -19 @ Concordia International School Shanghai: If you are not involved in the Virginia Rojas’ visit to SIS, then we encourage you to take a trip to Shanghai for this conference. The ACAMIS Tech Conference is good for us because it’s very China focused… an example is that one of this year’s topics is a deep dive into MS 365. Worth the trip for the conference and because they don’t call it Shang Buy for nothin’!
- October 26 @ Level 5 – Leading Change- Diffusing Innovations in Schools: That’s right! Right here in River City! Level 5 will host its first workshop of the year as part of a Leadership Series. Come join us as Dr. Jeff Dungan shares research based best practices in change management to understand all of our parts in this process. Come talk to Amanda before you register as there is a small perk for being an SIS employee.
- October 27 @ Level 5 – Leading Change and Assessing Innovation in Schools: This is part 2 of the Leadership Series. This weekend is unique because you are allowed to register for just one day. If this is the day, please come work with Dr. Jessica Hale to develop skills around the evaluation of change.