At SIS, your child works on a daily basis in five areas to help with social and behavioral skills.
1. Communicate effectively by
- listening, reading, writing, speaking and observing to gain understanding
- analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information
- using a variety of media to receive/express needs, knowledge, desires and opinions.
2. Demonstrates personal management by
- showing competence through mastering skills and learning strategies
- exhibiting confidence, initiative, and self reliance
- developing habits to maintain mental and physical health.
3. Work collaboratively by
- using effective skills to foster, develop, and maintain relations within diverse settings
- establish and accomplishing goals within a group
- actively contributing to their immediate and expanding communities.
4. Be complex thinkers by
- asking questions to improve critical and creative thinking
- interpreting and evaluating significant concepts within various contexts
- creating images to represent significant concepts.
5. Demonstrate global citizenship by
- fostering compassion for fellow citizens
- enhancing cultural understanding and contributing to the local community
- developing awareness and a sense of responsibility to the global community.