Thanks to everyone for coming out in the cold to attend conferences! It was great to hear the goals that the kids had picked and to work with them to finalize their action steps.
- Saturday, 3 February, 12:00-3:00 p.m. at the Jingshan Sports Field–Discover China Day!!
- Thursday, 8 February, 5:00 p.m. in the Gecko Theater–Parent Information Night for the Hong Kong Overnight Field Trip (adults only, please)
- Friday, 9 February–School Photo Retakes/Make-Ups
- 15-25 February–Chinese New Year Holiday–School resumes on 26 February
- Friday, 2 March–Last day for Trimester 2 ASAs
- Thursday-Friday, 8-9 March–Hong Kong Overnight Field Trip
- Friday, 9 March–Last day of Trimester 2
This past week:
In math, we have been building our understanding of how division and fractions are related (3 divided by 4 = 3/4), and how to multiply fractions and whole numbers. We are focusing on our communication skills, so ask your child to show you a problem they did in class and HOW they solved it and WHY.
In reading, we have continued to collect evidence for our debate topics. We’ve also looked at the importance of knowing who the author is of an article to see if that impacts what they include in their article. In addition, we looked at what techniques the author used to persuade the reader.
In writing, we have mainly worked on writing our trimester 2 goals for conferences. We have also started to add more to our body paragraphs so that we are EXPLAINING the evidence we added and why it is important/good/bad.
In science, we have constructed food webs to see how energy flows through all the organisms.