- 14 February–Registration with Dragonfly is due
- 15-25 February–Chinese New Year Holiday–School resumes on 26 February
- Friday, 2 March–Last day for Trimester 2 ASAs
- Thursday-Friday, 8-9 March–Hong Kong Overnight Field Trip
- Friday, 9 March–Last day of Trimester 2
In math, we continued building our knowledge and skills in multiplying fractions with fractions. We also started to multiply mixed numbers by fractions. See if your child can solve this question and then prove it with a drawing: Two thirds of John’s shirts are short sleeves. Three fourths of these shirts have a picture on them. What fraction of John’s shirts are short sleeved with a picture on them?
In reading, we debated! The kids did a great job. Despite many of them being nervous, they stood up front and presented their evidence for their assigned side of the debate. Our judges were impressed. Ask your child what their side was and what reasons and evidence they gave to defend their reason.
In writing, we added quotes and counterclaims to our persuasive text to make them even more convincing. Your child has this on his/her iPad. Go ahead and ask to see it.
In science, we reviewed food webs and how plants get their nutrients. Ask your child what the organs of plants are.
We also saw a magic show! Thanks, PSA for organizing it!