- Friday, 2 March–Last day for Trimester 2 ASAs
- Thursday-Friday, 8-9 March–Hong Kong Overnight Field Trip
- Friday, 9 March–Last day of Trimester 2
- 12-16 March–Book Week
- Monday, 12 March–Wear your pajamas to school!
- Tuesday, 13 March–Carry around a book for Drop Everything And Read
- Friday, 16 March–Dress as a book character!
- Friday, 16 March–Go on SchoolBase to view the Trimester 2 Report Cards
Happy New Year of the Dog to everyone! I hope you had a fun and relaxing break.
Before the break, the kids had some fun reviewing what it means to be smart digital citizens by doing another Breakout Edu Box activity. See pictures below.
In math, we’re going to be multiplying mixed numbers by mixed numbers and seeing multiplying as scaling.
In reading, we’re going to be reviewing how to summarize arguments and analyzing the perspectives of the author.
In writing, the students get to pick which side of the debate to be on and write a 5-paragraph essay persuading their readers to agree with them. They will be using the research from their debates in reading, and using all of the skills they learned in writing to produce this essay.
In science, we’re continuing to look at how the balance of an ecosystem can be affected by even the smallest change in the environment.