- Friday, Sept. 21–PL day for teachers–No school for students
- Monday, Sept. 24–Mid Autumn Festival–No school for students
- Tuesday, Sept. 25–Math Test
- Thursday and Friday, Sept. 27-28, 11:30 a.m.-12:40 p.m–Civilization Presentations
- October 1-5–October Break–NO SCHOOL
What a crazy short week! I hope everyone stayed safe over the typhoon days.
It was great meeting with everyone on Wednesday. Thank you so much for all of the books! The kids will love them.
The main things we focused on for the two days we had this week were
- finishing up the math unit and reviewing for the test that will be on Tuesday.
- working on the presentations in social studies that will be on Thursday and Friday.
- working on identifying story elements and quoting from the text in book clubs.
As I said, the math test is this coming Tuesday, September 25. The students started on the review questions today in class and they need to finish it over the long weekend. They should also watch the educreation videos (see the Instructional Videos page of this blog) to review anything they had problems with on the review. Here are the questions and answers.
Next Thursday and Friday are the Civilization Presentations. The students should be spending time over the long weekend on the Keynote presentation. They do not have to have it finished, but the more they can get done, the better. Here’s the information on it.
The presentations will be from 11:30 a.m. -12:40 p.m. Parents are invited to attend. If you are able to come, please plan to stay for the entire time so as to not disturb the presenters. Also, please plan for traffic delays due to the on-going tree clean-up around town.
Thursday, September 27, 11:30 a.m.-12:40 p.m.
Friday, September 28, 11:30 a.m.-12:40 p.m.