- Thursday, May 9–Field Trip to SWIS’ PYP Exhibition Students need a packed lunch.
- Thursday, May 9 5:00-8:30 p.m.–All School Community Reception, Opening Ceremony, and SIS Visual & Performing Arts Show at G&G Creative Community
- Friday, May 10–Students will visit the SIS Visual & Performing Arts Show
- Tuesday, May 21–Transition to Bayside field trip (info coming soon)
- Thursday, May 23–Student Led Conferences No school
- Friday, May 24–Field trip with G6 to KoolFly (info coming soon)
- Monday, May 27–No school for students
- Thursday, May 30–Field trip to ISNS’ PYP Exhibition
- Friday, May 31–Trimester 3 ASAs finish
- Tuesday, June 4 3:00 p.m.–Sharing of the Exhibition
- Wednesday, June 5 during the school day–Sharing of the Exhibition
- Wednesday, June 12 (time TBD)–Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony and Potluck Lunch
- Thursday, June 13–Grade 5 pizza party and pool party
- Friday, June 14 11:30 a.m.–Early dismissal Last day of school
As you can see above, these last 6 weeks are going to fly by quickly. Please add these dates to your calendar.
We have finished our reading and writing units for the year. I will be sending home to Post On-Demand memoirs later this week. For the rest of the year, the students will be using the skills they have learned all year to help them research for their PYP Exhibition issue/topic.
In math, we took the Unit 6 test, but I found that many students needed a bit more time to practice the skills. We have been doing more review lessons these past few days. I will be giving the tests back to be fixed. After which, I will be giving the final grade for the test.
Our next and final math unit is on coordinating graphs and using them to find patterns and solve real world problems. Here is the newsletter that includes ways you can help your child during this unit. Unit 7 Newsletter
Our main focus for the next 5 weeks is on the SIS PYPx exhibition. Students have been put into their groups or are working individually. They have also been assigned a mentor. Groups are researching an issue that is connected to a Sustainable Development Goal. After researching, they will come up with an action plan to address this issue. It is an exciting but busy time.