- Monday, May 20–Swimming starts in PE classes
- Tuesday, May 21–Special Street Art Day for G5 art classes (See below)
- Tuesday, May 21–Transition to Bayside field trip–ALL STUDENTS NEED A PACKED LUNCH
- Thursday, May 23–Student Led Conferences No school
- Friday, May 24–Field trip with G6 to KoolFly
- Monday, May 27–No school for students
- Thursday, May 30–Field trip to ISNS’ PYP Exhibition
- Friday, May 31–Trimester 3 ASAs finish
- Tuesday, June 4 3:00 p.m.–Sharing of the Exhibition
- Wednesday, June 5 during the school day–Sharing of the Exhibition
- Wednesday, June 12 (time TBD)–Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony and Potluck Lunch
- Thursday, June 13–Grade 5 pizza party and pool party
- Friday, June 14 11:30 a.m.–Early dismissal Last day of school
Please remind your child to bring their swimming kits on Monday!
On Tuesday we will be doing a special street art day with guest artist Rebecca O’Brian. We will be using spray paint which is permanent on clothes and shoes. Please remind your child to wear old shoes that day. We will have gloves, aprons and masks available for them. I will show them techniques to keep the paint off their shoes but I still advise them to wear old shoes. –From Mrs. Hobbs
Unit 7 in math is a short one. We have completed all 3 lessons. The PDFs of the lesson slides are all on Teams. Because next week is so crazy with field trips and Student Led Conferences, we will be doing the math review little by little, and some may have to be homework. Please look for the review sheet on Monday.
I do have the Unit 6 math tests scored. The students did much better after the extra lessons. I meant to have the kids take them home today. My apologies on not getting that done. My goal is to send them home on Monday.
There are really only 2 full weeks left until the sharing of the PYPx Exhibition. Students should have completed their initial background research and started to plan for action. For 5A kids, the summary/sharing of their research needs to be done by Wednesday. Each group/individual needs to decide how this will look. Some kids have decided to do it in skit form. Others may want to do a Keynote or a comic book. Others may choose to just summarize their findings in paragraph form in their process journals. It is up to the students, but it needs to teach others about the 3 questions they researched and have a sources page.