Dear Parents and guardians,
All students during their Physical Education (PE) lessons are expected to wear appropriate PE kit. This is to ensure the health and safety of your son/daughter in each PE class.
Therefore students will be required to bring the following items:
1) Sports Sneakers – No Crocs, No sandals, No slip on shoes, No flip flops etc.
Footwear is our main safety concern, as the shoe should provide appropriate support and protection for the foot in a variety of sporting activities indoors or outdoors. Therefore sports sneakers must be worn otherwise students may be asked to not participate in the class for health and safety reasons.
2) Sports shorts / track pants / leggings – No jeans, No cargo shorts / pants with large pockets, No heavy materials, No skirts for girls.
Clothing should also be appropriate for sports. Students are extremely active in our PE classes and they must be able to move freely. Heavy clothing materials do not allow the body to move easily and this material can also be extremely hot, not allowing the body to cool down naturally. Girls should not wear skirts in PE, as students might be moving upside down and can cause problems.
3) Sports T – Shirt – Preferably wear an SIS Athletics T-shirt, or any other T-shirt will be acceptable.
All students should wear a sports T-shirt with short sleeves. Please do not wear vests / sleeveless tops as they do not provide the shoulders and body protection from the sun.
4) Water Bottle (Essential every lesson) Sun Screen, Baseball cap and Insect spray (If outside)
During lessons inside and outside, students will be given the opportunity to take quick water breaks, as it extremely important to replenish the body. If we are outside please bring extra items above for protection.
5) Jewelry – Can be dangerous for all students.
We require the students to take off their watches, rings, necklaces as they can catch on other students or on equipment. Small stud earings will be ok, but large hanging earings need to be removed.
6) Swimming – swimming clothes, goggles, sunblock, towel, dry bag, water bottle.
If you have any questions or concerns, then please feel free to contact the PE Department at school or via email.
Pawel Barwicki Esther Wright
Elementary Physical Education Teachers
Shekou International School
+86 755 2669-3669 ext. 6504