This week is going to be very busy. Here are the important dates:
- Monday, May 20: MAP Math Test in 5B 10:15 – 11:15 and 12:00 – 12:40.
- Monday, May 20: First day of swimming in PE. Students should have everything they need for swimming class brought to school with them today and tomorrow.
- Tuesday, May 21: Transition to Bayside field trip at 12:45 – Lunch will be in the classroom beginning at 11:30am. All students must bring their own lunch this day (no students will be going to the Gecko Grill on this day).
- Wednesday, May 22: Twin day – Students should prearrange with another student / teacher to dress as twins (triplets, quadruplets, etc. is allowed). As long as school appropriate clothing is worn, uniforms are not required if participating in twin day.
- Wednesday, May 22: Last book check out at the library – 13:30 – 14:15 (after this day, students will only be allowed to return books due to inventory being taken at the library).
- Thursday, May 23: Student-led conference day – Sign up genius was sent through email and we chat last Thursday. If you haven’t signed up already, please do so. Students will be sharing how they have grown throughout the year. Students will need to bring their iPads with their completed keynote presentation. Each 30 minute slot will allow for 3 students to meet with parents in the classroom while Mr. D circulates.
- Friday, May 24: 5B & 5C led assembly at the SPAH starting at 8:10am. You won’t want to miss it as your child takes on one of the roles in sharing exhibition projects, interviewing or being interviewed, sharing PYP elements, or helping to preside as master of ceremony for the assembly.
- Friday, May 24: Grade 5 & 6 Koolfly field trip at 11:30 – Students do not need to bring lunch on this day since there will be pizza provided at Bayside.
PYPx Exhibition – June 4th is just around the corner!
There are really only 2 full weeks left until the sharing of the PYPx Exhibition. Students should have completed their initial background research and started to plan for action. For 5B kids, each group/individual needs to decide how their process journals will look and how they will be sharing their knowledge with others on June 4th and 5th. Some kids have decided to do it in skit form or a TED-style talk. Others may want to do a keynote or a comic book. Others may choose to just summarize their findings in paragraph form in their process journals. It is up to the students, but it needs to teach others about the SDG related topic they chose, the questions they researched, and the action they planned.
For more information, please see the newsletter below created by our PYP coordinator, Ms. Cheung: