Who We Are
How we express ourselves
|An inquiry into…||… the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values|
|Central idea||IDEAS can be expressed in different WAYS.|
|Lines of inquiry||“1. We can represent our ideas in creative ways.
2. Stories expose us to our own and other’s cultures.
3. Play promotes reciprocal interaction.”
How the World Works
|An inquiry into…||…the natural world and its laws|
|Central idea||CURIOUSITY sparks interest in our ENVIRONMENT.|
|Lines of inquiry||“1. Our senses guide our exploration.
2. Materials behave in different ways.
3. We take risks to problem solve.”
Sharing the planet
|An inquiry into…||An inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.|
|Central idea||WORKING TOGETHER requires SHARING and PROBLEM SOLVING.|
|Lines of inquiry||“1. Everyone has a voice.
2. Everyone has strengths and ideas.
3. Everyone contributes towards common goals.”
|Key concepts||Perspective, Responsibility|