What to expect :
- Problem solving approach
- Hands-on Collaboration
- Frequent practice of mathematic skills using games and activities
- Focus: Flexible Thinking by finding multiple solutions to a problem and being able to explain their thinking to others.
- Mathematician’s Chair: Students explain and discuss their solutions with their peers.
- Number Talks: Discussion on strategies used to find solutions.
How you can be involved:
- Encourage your child to teach you the mathematic games learned in school.
- Have mathematical discussions with prompts such as…
- “How do you know?”
- “Tell me more”
- “Explain that please”
- “Convince me.”