Important Events this Week:
- Book Week
- Cozy Up With a Book and Read! (Wear your pajamas to school!)
- DEAR – Drop Everything and Read!
- Teacher Swap – Have a different teacher come in as a Guest Reader for the Read Aloud!
- Free Choice – Think of a reading activity to do with the class – maybe get together with your Reading Buddies!
- Book Character Dress Up Day / Door Decorating Contest – Dress up as your favorite character and listen for the winners of the Door Decorating Contest at this morning’s assembly!
- Report Cards go live at 3:00pm on Schoolbase – Friday, March 16th
- G4 Concert – 5:00pm in the Gecko Theater on Tuesday, March 20th
Reading – This whole week is about reading and books but students will be given the freedom to read books of their choice in any language or reading level!
Writing – We chose our thesis statements and are completing our graphic organizers with our reasons and details/quotes from the short story, “Fox”. Using what we know about essay writing, we will begin drafting our first literary essays.
Math – We are continuing with “Module 4: Angles and Plane Figures”. This week students will learn about benchmark angles and how to use protractors to measure and draw accurate angles.
Science – Students are continuing their study of “Soils, Rocks, and Landforms” by learning about topographical maps, rapid changes in the earth’s surface, and what we can learn from fossils.
Word Study – We have been practicing tricky, commonly misspelled words, specifically trying to master the spelling words on the Grade 4 Dolch List.